Peter GalenkoInstitute of Materials Physics in Space
German Aerospace Center (DLR)
email: peter.galenko at dlr dot de
Date of Birth: 14 January 1961
Place of Birth: Murmansk, Russia
Habilitation in Physics and Mathematics (June 2006)
Speciality: Condensed Matter Physics
Thesis Title: “Model of rapid solidification within the problem of non-equilibrium phase transitions”
Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow) and Scientific Council by Physics-Technical Institute of Urals Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (Izhevsk)
Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics (September 1991)
Speciality: Solid State Physics
Thesis Title: “Theory and modelling for primary structure formation during crystallization in binary systems”
Advisor: Professor V.A. Zhuravlev
Scientific Council by Physics-Technical Institute of Urals Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (Izhevsk) and by Udmurt State University (Izhevsk), Physical Faculty, Department of Theoretical Physics
Study of Metal Physics at the Leningrad Polytechnic Institute (1979-1985); Diploma thesis and examination (1985)
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics
- Phase Transitions
- Pattern Formation
- Materials Physics
- Computational Modeling
- Transport Processes
- Order-Disorder Transition
- Binodal and Spinodal Decomposition
- Diffuse-Interface and Sharp-Interface Models
1. Thermodynamics, Statistical physics, Fractal analysis (Udmurt State University, Physical Faculty)
2. Self-organization and pattern formation (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Fakultät für Physik und Astronomie, Bohum, Germany)
- P. Galenko, V. Lebedev, Non-equilibrium effects in spinodal decomposition of a binary system. Phys. Lett. A 372(7) 985 (2008).
- P. Galenko, Solute trapping and diffusionless solidification in a binary system.. Phys. Rev. E, 76 031606-1-9 (2007).
- P.K. Galenko, D.M. Herlach, Diffusionless Crystal Growth in Rapidly Solidifying Eutectic Systems. Phys. Rev. Lett. 96 150602 (2006).
- P. Galenko, D. Jou, Diffuse-interface model for rapid phase transformations in nonequilibrium systems. Phys. Rev. E, 71 046125 (2005).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Linear morphological stability analysis of the solid-liquid interface in rapid solidification of a binary system. Phys. Rev. E, 69 051608 (2004).
- P. Galenko, Extended thermodynamical analysis of a motion of the solid-liquid interface in a rapidly solidifying alloy. Phys. Rev. B, 65 144103 (2002).
- P. Galenko, Phase-field model with relaxation of the diffusion flux in nonequilibrium solidification of a binary system. Phys. Lett. A, 287(3-4) 190–197 (2001).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Local nonequilibrium effect on rapid dendritic growth in binary alloy melt. Phys. Lett. A, 235(3) 271–280 (1997).
- P. Galenko, S. Sobolev, Local nonequilibrium effect on undercooling in rapid solidification of alloys. Phys. Rev. E, 55 343–352 (1997).