Denis DanilovInstitute of Nanotechnology (INT)
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
email: denis dot danilov at kit dot edu
see NanoBioSim for further information
Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics (Condensed Matter Physics), December 2001
Thesis Title: Theoretical investigation of rapid solidification in binary alloys
Advisors: Dr. P.K. Galenko, Prof. V.A. Zhuravlev
Scientific Council by Physics-Technical Institute of Urals Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (Izhevsk). The study is performed at the Department of Theoretical Physics, Physical Faculty, Udmurt State University (Izhevsk, Russia)
Study of Theoretical Physics at the Udmurt State University (Izhevsk, 1991-1996); Diploma thesis and examination (1996)
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics
- Pattern Formation and Nonequilibrium Phenomena
- Materials Physics, Phase Transitions, Rapid Solidification
- Computational Modeling
- D. Danilov, B. Nestler, M. Guerdane, H. Teichler, Bridging the gap between molecular dynamics simulations and phase-field modeling: Dynamics of a [NixZr1-x]liquid—Zrcrystal solidification front. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 42 015310 (2009).
- D. Danilov, B. Nestler, Phase-field modelling of solute trapping during rapid solidification of a Si-As alloy. Acta Materialia, 54(18) 4659–4664 (2006). cond-mat/0603170
- D. Danilov, B. Nestler, Dendritic to Globular Morphology Transition in Ternary Alloy Solidification. Phys. Rev. Lett., 93 215501 (2004). cond-mat/0501494
- E.V. Haranzhevskiy, D.A. Danilov, M.D. Krivilyov, P.K. Galenko, Structure and mechanical properties of structural steel in laser resolidification processing. Mater. Sci. Eng. A, 375-377 502–506 (2004).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Linear morphological stability analysis of the solid-liquid interface in rapid solidification of a binary system. Phys. Rev. E, 69 051608 (2004).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Hyperbolic self-consistent problem of heat transfer in rapid solidification of supercooled liquid. Phys. Lett. A, 278 129–138 (2000).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Steady-state shapes of growing crystals in the field of local nonequilibrium diffusion. Phys. Lett. A, 272 207–217 (2000).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Selection of the dynamically stable regime of rapid solidification front motion in an isothermal binary alloy. Journal of Crystal Growth, 216 512–536 (2000).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Model for free dendritic alloy growth under interfacial and bulk phase nonequilibrium conditions. Journal of Crystal Growth, 197 992–1002 (1999).
- P.K. Galenko, D.A. Danilov, Local nonequilibrium effect on rapid dendritic growth in binary alloy melt. Phys. Lett. A, 235 271–280 (1997).